Friday, February 11, 2011

Papertrey Ink's Anniversary Celebration Day 7: Tag w/Frame Challenge

Nichole's challenge for Day 7 of her Papertrey Ink 4th Anniversary Celebration is to create a tag that incorporates a frame. Because I'm tired of the "traditional Valentine" colors, I decided to go CAS with my little Tag Sale #1 die cut from PTI's Aqua Mist Bitty Box Basics DP. My PTI Vintage Labels double-line frame is stamped in Aqua Mist ink on Vintage Cream CS and cut with Spellbinders' Labels One die. These stamps work so well with the dies. Inside my frame I've stamped the scrolly heart from Sweet Love and accented it with a single gem.
Topping my framed adornment is another small tag, cut with a retired Spellbinders' die, which incorporates my sentiment from Sweet Love (broken into 3 lines from it's original 1). Both it and the embellished tiny swirl atop are stamped in Ocean Tides ink. All my gems were originally clear ones from my stash, colored with Copic BG15 -- one of my FAV things to use my Copics for! Another is one of Nichole's ideas, as seen on my PTI silk ribbon, which was made by running the same Copic marker down the center of the ribbon -- LOVE that look and it's SOOO easy! If you're like me and can't draw a straight line, just "cheat" and use a ruler to guide you. Three different size gems along the left side point the way to my framed adornment.
Finally, all three tags were edged with PTI's Vintage Touch Tea Dye duo. I just LOVE this tag's simplicity and non-traditional colors! Thanks so much for your visit here today; I so appreciate you taking your time to stop by!

2 comments:

1CardCreator said...

Love this tag Marge. I will have to check into that Vintage tea dye duo, never heard of it but it looks great on this tag.

Sheri said...

How cute! These are unexpected colors but awesome!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin