Saturday, February 5, 2011

Happy Birthday, GF

Amidst all the goings-on at my house lately, I managed to hurt my back, so I'm not quite functioning as I'd hoped. Thanks to a dear friend's reminder, I did manage to get a project finished in time to celebrate another GF's birthday yesterday with the two of them! Many months ago I had made the four woven ribbon panels for this basket with the Birthday Girl in mind, as blue is her favorite color. I took the simple route and finished it with glittered handmade paper from my stash, using Spellbinders' Lacey Circles and a silver pearl. I then created a simple square matching card with Lacey Circles, Lacey Squares and a birthday greeting from JustRite's Baroque Nested Frames from the supplies I had out on my work space. Full directions/details for the basket panels, box and woven handle can be found on Becca Feekens' blog here. I also previously made this Easter basket for a little girl. Hope everyone is managing to stay warm and safe wherever you are!

3 comments:

Sheri said...

Very pretty! I know your friend will appreciate all the work you put into it! Wish I had crafty friends to make me stuff for my bday?!?

Sue Lelli said...

OMGosh! What a lucky GF! That woven ribbon is DIVINE and that handle is pretty FAB, too! LOVE this gift set! (Can't believe you hurt your back!)

1CardCreator said...

Sorry to hear you hurt your back Marge. I'm sure your girlfriend will love this set!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin