Wednesday, February 16, 2011

JustRite Friday Challenge 048: Sketch

Having just received JustRite's Sympathy Nested Sentiments and Spellbinders' Cross Collection dies, I wanted to use them for this week's Sketch Challenge. I die cut the largest of the 4 crosses from Spellbinders' Dark Blue craft foil (LOVE all the new colors!) and mounted it to rectangles in Vintage Cream and Spring Rain CS and then to a Vintage Cream card with Enchanted Evening layer. All CS is from Papertrey Ink. My sentiment and Victorian Nested Frame are stamped in Memento's Danube Blue ink and my metal corners are the "left-overs" from the inside of the cross. Dainty vintage cream lace from Hobby Lobby runs under my focal image and the sentiment block, which is mounted on foam tape. These cards are difficult to make in a hurry (for me anyway) and necessary to have on hand, so I just love all the thoughtful sympathy sentiments in this JustRite set which make a difficult job easier.

15 comments:

Tanya said...

I see you got one in close to the deadline too, lol! I just have not had the time to play in challenges lately :( Anyway, this is really pretty. The cross looks amazing, I have not used the foil looks like fun.

Kathy W said...

love your new toys and how you used em!

Lynn said...

Stunning!

Unknown said...

Such a lovely card.

Sharon Harnist said...

Great use of those pretty new dies and stamps, Marge! Thanks for playing in JustRite's challenge!

Sheri said...

I see you worked in the cross!?! Very pretty!

1CardCreator said...

Gorgeous card Marge, I love how you added the corners from the cross scraps too.

Mary Jo said...

Marge, Thank you for the comment you left me. I just got home from school and it was fun to read. Your card is stunning. Don't think you had a big problem in the design. Lucky to have those new dies and stamps.

Colleen said...

Marge,
I haven't been around much due to work, I see you have been very busy! Love this card and all your PTI ones as well that button girl is just the best!

Mona Pendleton said...

Pretty card Marge! Love the embossed cross die and pretty framed sentiment :)

Jeni Glee said...

As you can now see, I am here...I have to laugh at myself because I was getting a pop-up message but it was showing up behind your blog on my screen.

So now to what I have been trying to do for a while this evening...this card is GORGEOUS! It is so soothing; I love the colors and I just know that anyone who would receive this card would feel so cherished.

Lynette said...

What a beautiful card.

Jill said...

Marge, that cross is stunning! I have those dies and have only used the tiniest one--I will definitely not be shy in using the big one now! WOW!

Sue Lelli said...

Gorgeous embossed cross and I LOVE that sentiment on that pretty frame! I see you managed to use OUR favorite lace, too! FAB card, Marge!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I have that Spellbinders Cross die and have used it several times but I don't think I've ever used it for a Sympathy card. I like yours!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin