Sunday, November 25, 2007

Chipboard Coaster Gift Box

Now that I finally purchased a Crop-a-dile (by We R Memory Keepers), I can easily punch holes in chipboard, so I used coasters I've collected from various restaurants (I'm thrifty?!) and followed the Splitcoaststampers tutorial for making a treat box. Since the main decorator color in my house is "merlot", I chose this paper from DCWV's Glitter Christmas Stack (Joann's) because I could use it year-round. I left it plain (rather than embellishing with Christmas details) for that very reason. It's an easy project, though took a bit longer than I'd anticipated because you have to glue your paper to all 5 coasters (including the bottom one) and punch 5 holes evenly in 2 sides of each of the 4 side coasters. However, the Crop-a-dile punches through the chipboard like "butter" and is wonderful because you set the depth of your punch for uniformity, which is crucial to a project like this -- it must be "precise"!!! My crafting friends know that's very important to me!

1 comment:

Gwen said...

Hey you have been busy!! love this...not sure I have seen one before. I love my crop-a-dile too!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin