Saturday, July 7, 2012

My Sheri Crafts #089: Picture This!

For our current challenge @ My Sheri Crafts we're asking that you use the inspiration photo below to create a card/project based on what you see in this display! This was sooo much FUN!!! I focused on the large pink/green tray at the center of the top shelf for my card's inspiration. My pink paper resembled the pattern on the tray, plus I also brought in the lemony yellows, as well as the checks and polka dots from the various napkins.


This time of year always makes us think of all the fabulous fresh summer fruits and this photo certainly conjures up many yummy and delicious ideas! I chose this cherry stamp as my focal image because I love the dotted leaves and the variety/colors of buttons you can choose for the cherries.

Can't wait to see what you come up with for this challenge -- please join us @ My Sheri Crafts!!! 

Stamps: Papertrey Ink's Everyday Button Bits
Ink:  Memento's Rose Bud & Bamboo Leaves
Papers: Simple Stories Fabulous & Summer Fresh; Basic Grey's Serendipity; Cosmo Cricket's Material Girl; PTI's Vintage Cream CS
Dies:Spellbinders' Standard Circles, Petite Scalloped Circles, Picot Edge Circles, Classic Triple Scallop/Postage Edgeabilities
Embellishments: Basic Grey's Pins & Tags; ribbon, buttons & beads from stash
Inspiration Photo

12 comments:

Laura Cox {aka scrapaddict} said...

This is ADORABLE!!! Love the inspiration photo too!!

Sandy Palmer said...

Oh my gosh Marge, using buttons for cherries is just brilliant! I just love the polka dot leaves too! Love this card! :)

Glenda said...

Gorgeous Marge! Wow-finding paper to match the tray! Love all the colors and papers! Such a cute cherry--love the stamp and button!
Love it!
Thanks for your visit and sweet comment on my easel card!
Glenda

Raquel said...

LOVE the use of buttons for the cherries... so clever. I also love that tag with the strung beads holding it up. Beautiful job!

Joann said...

Your card is just sooo sweet Marge, I love it! You nailed the colors perfectly! Can't wait to give this one a go : )

sammi said...

Cute card, Marge. Love how you used the buttons as cherries! So creative!

Charlotte said...

Marge,
This is oh so cute. I did not realize the cherry was a stamp until I read your post. I love the polka dot leaves. It is so cute that you used two different colored and sized buttons. I rally would never have thought to stamp my sentiment in two different colors. Great idea!! Another beautiful project Marge.
Charlotte

Sue Lelli said...

Marge, LOVE the colors and papers you combined and the two different buttons for cherries are a FAB detail! GREAT card!

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful, Marge!! Your card is a perfect interpretation of the inspiration photo!! I love the edge die and the button cherries are fabulous!! Love this!! :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Oh my goodness I love this card! That stamp is one of my favorites and I adore your take on the photo. You've inspired me! :)

Sarah said...

Oh Marge I love it! Your colors and papers are perfect! That stamp is so cute and I love the buttons!

P.G. Lamb said...

Marge, I am so amazed that you even managed to find a quatrefoil background paper to exactly match what was on the inspiration pic! The button cherries are so cute! I love how you mixed the polka dots, gingham check and the scallops together! What a wonderful card!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin