Thursday, July 31, 2008

Technique Tuesday's Kabloom Card

Another "twist" on the Joy cards (see my posts on July 27th below). I made this one open from the left first and instead of using DP, I stamped my lavendar cardstock with my new favorite Technique Tuesday acrylic stamp set, Kabloom! On the smaller center section I created a striped design by scoring every 1/2" with my Scor-It first & then stamping the flowers/dots within the stripes. I decided to just keep this one simple, but it could be "blinged" up with Stickles, Dew Drops, etc. The inside is also left unfinished until I know to whom I'll send it, so I'll add that later & some bling if I feel it needs it then.
Another fun thing I discovered while making this card is that the Stampin'Up Spring Flower Bouquet Punch works to punch the flower I used on the left side of the card; love it when a punch works with a stamp I have!!!
Paper: DCWV Lavendar cardstock; Purple cardstock from stash
Stamps: Kabloom by Technique Tuesday
Inks: VersaColor's Grape, Violet & Heliotrope
Punch: StampinUp's Spring Flower Bouquet

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this. Very spring like.

Kelly said...

So cute - and I love your new stamp set, Marge!

I went to AC Moore to get you one of those "many thanks" stamps you liked on my card, and they were all out. :( Sorry.

Have a great weekend.

Gwen said...

finally back on blogger!! love this card...is this the set I got?? cause I have that punch too!!! thanks for the idea! love how you made your own DP!! can't wait to give it a try!!!

Jeni Glee said...

Beautiful in every way, Marge! I adore your work!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin