Saturday, August 2, 2008

Spellbound by Making Memories Halloween

Love this new line by Making Memories!!! Also love how they've incorporated argyle into the bat stamp as well as this paper! Soooo cool, I think! I decided if we can do Christmas in July, it's okay to do Halloween in August!!! ;-) I thought this Spring pop-up card was perfect for this theme too & it's soooooo easy/quick to make. The tutorial is here.
I altered the size for this card to 5" x 10" because I wanted Mr. Bones excatly in the middle. Also, just in case you're using this same cardstock (OR any one-way design), be sure to put your cardstock on your cutter with your pattern upright as you look down at it. Then cut your 5" piece & trim 2" off that piece to get your 5" x 10" piece. I cut my 5" piece off the left side of my full 12 x 12 sheet first & then cut 2" off the top of that piece in order to get the skull/crossbones @ top center once it's folded. If this doesn't make sense to you, you're welcome to email me @ mer@orbitelcom.com & I'll try to explain it so it will!
I like that these papers & stamps will work well for males and older children/men. I know someone with lots of male grandchildren who will be very happy about that!!! Great job, Making Memories!!!
Paper: Making Memories Spellbound Line; cream scrap
Stamps: Making Memories Spellbound Clear Halloween Set
Ink: ColorBox Raven Black
Embellishment: Clear Embossing Powder
Tools: SU's Ticket Punch

4 comments:

Jeni Glee said...

Now this, Marge, is just the coolest card! WOW!!!!!

Han said...

Cute card I love the shape xx

Kathy W said...

I agree cool, you should post a tutorial how to make it.

Unknown said...

Hello!

Julie (from Hero Arts Flickr Group) gave me a Blog award with instruction to pass it on to seven other people who had Blogs I felt were worthy of the prize. I selected your Blog as one of the winners because I really like it! Please go here: http://dominodebi.typepad.com/ and look under the entry “Lookit What I Got!” (dated 7-22-08) to get your award.

Deborah (aka Gigi_001 at Hero Arts Flickr Group)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin