Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Autumn's Beauty

A fall card using the Palette Stamp & Stick Gluepad by Stewart Superior Corp., http://www.stewartsuperior.com/, with gold leafing. I like that the leaf's center is very faint, just like so many fall leaves you find on the ground that are paper-thin in places. After 2 unsuccessful attempts with the gluepad, I re-read the directions on the gold leaf package, which stated that the stamped image needed to be completely dry, so the glue won't smear, and that it's "virtually impossible" to overheat the gluepad "ink". I tried again & heating longer was the key. I also pulled the edge of the rectangle along the gluepad & gold-leafed it. The Rubber Stampede leaf stamp is one I've had since 2001, background cardstock is from XpedX, biggie brad is by Karen Foster Design and letters are Making Memories.

1 comment:

Gwen said...

love it!! well worth the wait!! I have never usen the gold leaf...it is very pretty!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin