Wednesday, June 25, 2014

JustRite Friday Challenge #123: Color Inspiration

Sheri asked us to use the colors pink, yellow and purple from her beautiful inspiration photo for the current JustRite Friday Challenge.
I started by stamping Fleuriste Newsprint BG on ivory CS mounted to a purple card and distressing my edges with Antique Linen.  My flower was created with Spellbinders' Bitty Blossoms using crinoline fabric. Recently inspired by Tammy Tutterow's informative blog post, wherein she not only explains what crinoline (aka buckram) is but where to purchase it and links to two beautiful floral projects, I had to try this new-to-me medium. Love combining two of my fav things: paper/fabric. I colored my flower using Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist 'Popsicle' and secured with a yellow Copic-colored gem brad and added a pink Copic-colored seam binding bow beneath. My sentiment is stamped using Ooh La La French Frills and a small flower from Botanical Butterflies onto a Spellbinders' oval, also aged with Antique Linen. A few purplish/pinkish gems finish it all off.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Your card is beautiful. You made the colors look very elegant.

Unknown said...

Very nice Marge! Love how you colored that butterfly and the flower turned out nice!

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

This is so pretty love your flower it sure makes the card .

Unknown said...

Love this card very chic.

Shona said...

GORGEOUS flower and very pretty card! I laughed at your comment, what's our problem with such pretty colours? Regina had a hard time too! I think I had less trouble with a yellow and grey challenge and I loathe those colours!

Larissa Heskett said...

Such a BEAUTIFUL card!! I LOVE the ELEGANT design and that Pretty Flower!! I think you handled it just BEAUTIFULLY!! ;) THANKS for sharing and have a. Fabulous Week!! ;)

Sheri said...

I need that flower - SO CUTE!! One of my favorite background stamps! Thanks for joining our color challenge at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin