Friday, June 20, 2014

Sew, Sometimes I Craft Without (#13) . . .

. . . paper and I've been busy, busy with Jen @ Wren*Feathers' Summer 2014 Sew-Along featuring 13"-14" dolls, H4H/Corolle.  She's offering a free pattern Friday of each week if you sew and post a Flickr photo and email her your link before midnight on Thursday night. We're just beginning Week 3, but you can also purchase previous patterns in her Etsy store or just start now if you'd prefer! Of course, her wonderfully varied patterns are also available in many other popular doll sizes as well.

I chose an older fabric at the bottom of my large stash with a beloved small paisley print in shades of pink/orange, which I think turned out really cute for this little peplum-type top. I love paisley prints for some reason and think I was reluctant to use this fabric up, which is how I feel about papercraft supplies sometimes too -- kinda silly since I still keep accumulating more & more -- YIKES, sooo we'll see IF I can break that trend! I also made a pair of white denim shorts from Jen's free Week 1 pattern for Mosi to wear with this top!

Since it's Friday, we already have our next sweet pattern to begin sewing, 'an A-line jumper' or 'pinafore dress' with/without pockets. Jen gives lots of great ideas in her patterns, so I'm thinking what to make. Perhaps this top won't really work since I added the peplum 'skirt', but that's OK since Mosi is a new doll and has only 3 total outfits at this point anyway -- a girl always NEEDS more clothes -- LOL!

Having too much fun sewing (honestly, fabric is as addictive as paper for me!), but I'll be back tomorrow with another paper crafted post. ;~)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin