Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Sew, Sometimes I Craft Without (#12) . . .

paper, but with fabric instead!
Jen of Wren*Feathers is doing another Summer Sew-Along -- YAY!!!  She is such a lovely/talented enabler (trust me on this!) of all things doll-related, and I'm thrilled she's doing another sew-along.  This time she's offering a new pattern each week for 13"-14" dolls like Hearts for Hearts and Cheries, though you can up/downsize if you're inclined to sew for a different doll.
All the sweet little details are in her link above, but briefly 1) she 'hinted' we may want to purchase a 13"-14" doll (LOL!) and 2) IF you upload a photo of your sewn piece weekly on her Flickr like and email her your photo link, she'll send you the following week's pattern free -- my FAV price -- LOL!
Of course, I had  to purchase a new doll (duh!) and make her a pair of pants using the first week's free pattern. Sadly, I had to await the arrival 'forever' of Mosi, Hearts for Hearts 14-inch American Indian doll, so I made her a summery top to wear with her new capri pants. Think she'll need sandals soon, as she arrives in a dress/leggings/boots.  For her top I used the bodice from another free pattern of Jen's, modified with no collar/sleeves since it's already quite hot here in the desert SW! ;-)

You can still grab the pants pattern and if you email her a link to your pant's photo by this Thursday, she'll send you next week's pattern!  (I apologize this is up right before the deadline, but I've had computer issues all day!) ;(  Regardless, if you love sewing for dolls of any size, don't miss Jen's fabulous blog and Etsy store.  Happy stitching!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin