Saturday, June 21, 2014

My Sheri Crafts Challenge #136: A Star is Born

For My Sheri Crafts Challenge: A Star is Born, wherein our challenge is to use at least 2 stars in your project, I created a simple patriotic card based upon a great Splitcoaststampers tutorial.


I've done partial die cutting before, but Debby's tutorial gives a great written explanation and video, if you prefer a visual method of learning, as well as a great demonstration of water coloring. I decided instead to layer my stars for this go-round. I did my partial die cut and my red/blue layered stars using Spellbinders' star dies, adding Want2Scrap swirl, as well as stars and letters from my stash that I colored with Copics. This card will fit into an A2 envelope as I first cut it on the large side, then measured it to fit my envie after partially die-cutting my star.  As Debby explained in her tutorial, she made her DD a place card using this same technique, which would be fabulous if you were having guests for a 4th of July B-B-Q!!! 

Glad you stopped in today and can't wait to see the results from your "A Star is Born" foray!!!  ;'~)

5 comments:

Sue Crease said...

Marge, love this clean and simple card. Love all the sparkle.
Sue

Sandy Palmer said...

Such a clean, crisp card! Those gems really add the perfect touch! :)

Sarah said...

I love this card, Marge! I'm heading over to check out that tutorial now!

P.G. Lamb said...

Marge, I'm glad to have my fill once again of the simple and elegant look that your projects always have. This is indeed perfect for an Independence Day barbecue!

Raquel said...

Marge, I absolutely love the design and look to this card. It's so simple looking and so clean... perfectly embellished. I followed your link to the tutorial... thanks for that!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin