Monday, July 2, 2012

JustRite Friday Challenge #076: Stars & Stripes

For the current JustRite Friday Challenge -- "Stars & Stripes" - create a project with stripes and use at least one star -- I immediately knew what I wanted to make for a male family member! You may think only of a patriotic theme but we are not limited to red, white & blue for this challenge, so just have FUN, whatever colors you decide to use!

I'm hoping to find time to do yet another non-patriotic challenge card, but this one is very patriotic, using papers from Bo Bunny's Liberty 6x6" pad. I first cut and embossed the largest star die shape with Spellbinders Stars Five from the center of my paper; then re-cut that star with the next smaller die. I then cut the largest star again from the pad's blue solid paper. Both stars were layered, stamped with Best Wishes from JustRite's Clear Spring Words and attached to the inside through my original die cut. I love the depth this gives. Five tiny clear Recollections stars below my sentiment add just a touch of bling.
Fussy cut eagle

Next, my eagle was fussy cut from a second sheet of the BG paper, edged with Antique Linen distress ink and added with foam tape for extra dimension. To complete the bottom edge, I stamped the 'patriotic bunting' border from JustRite's Lace Borders Cling set on vellum with white ink and colored with Copics R29 and B29 on the back of the vellum. Finishing off the card is a Jolee's Boutique red/white/blue striped ribbon.
JustRite Border @ bottom edge



Inside of card








Hopefully this card qualifies as 'masculine' in the eyes of my recipient, whose home in the country includes a large American flag flying proudly in his front yard, along with mainly red/white/blue patriotic decor inside. Maybe he'll add this card into it somewhere?! Regardless, I totally enjoyed creating it for him and that's what matters most -- so grab some JustRite stamps and let me see your Stars & Stripes creation!!!

Also entering my card at this fabulous new challenge I found:
IBSIC#15 ~ Red, White & Blue

14 comments:

Sheri said...

This is AMAZING! So patriotic and clever the way you used that Lace Border stamp ;-)

Thanks for joining us at JustRite Inspiration!

Steph Ackerman said...

THis is stunning. A great masculine card.

Sandy Palmer said...

Oh my gosh Marge, this is amazing!!! Wonderful job on it!

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful card Marge, love your star! The new background looks great too!

Colleen Dietrich said...

LOVE that big star cut-out on this beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining us at IBSIC this week!

Joann said...

GREAT card Marge. I really love how you used the Border stamp with vellum. Super idea! Love it : )

Lisa said...

Wow, Marge, this is one of the most beautiful patriotic cards I've seen!! I love how you did the star cut-out in the center...it's so creative and looks amazing!! The paper is gorgeous, and the stamp on vellum is just fabulous!! I LOVE this!! I hope you have a safe and happy 4th of July :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sue Lelli said...

So many FAB details, Marge! LOVE the window and the bunting! LOVE how you fussy cut the soaring eagle and popped it! LOVE the star! STUNNING card!

Liz O. said...

Fabulous card Marge! love the details, TFS
Have a very happy 4th of July!
Liz

Marisa Job said...

Great card Marge!! Love the patriotic colors!

Mary Jo said...

Marge this is a perfect patriotic card. Beautiful design.

Laura Cox {aka scrapaddict} said...

LOVE this!!! Patriotic perfection....love the "bunting" along the bottom edge!!

Unknown said...

Marge, that is one great patriotic card. I love the cutout. Congrats on being an honorable mention winners.

Lynn said...

Congratulations on yor honorable win. What a stunning card! Wow!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin