Saturday, October 3, 2009

WCMD Challenge #1: Japan


For my first WCMD challenge I'm answering Nichole's 1st of 4 challenges here to create a project that is inspired by either the colors, the design or the themes that are prominent in the Japanese culture. As usual, she has some fabulous prizes up for grabs!!! For my kimono card I had to research kimono folding again (I'd made several kimono cards in the past as I've had two former employers with Asian ties) and I found this video on YouTube, so followed it for my card. I'll simply refer you to Michelle's excellent instructions on her video, as she did a fabulous job. Two things I would mention: I used Papertrey Ink's Scor-Tape (found here ) to attach both my origami DP and my ribbon, which made this soooo easy to create. Secondly, remember to stamp your sentiment low enough on the inside so it won't show above the neckline of your kimono when closed! That's it! Have a fun WCMD everyone!!!

11 comments:

Steph Zerbe said...

Oh this is so fun! Perfectly inspired by Japan. So cool!

Jennifer Holmes said...

Oh, Marge, this is perfect! What a great idea, and very clever. I have to check out the video now! Thanks for the tips!

Lisa said...

Marge this is awesome! I never branch out into the shaped cards...I must start doing this! Maybe on challenge #3??!!
:)

Rebecca said...

Wow, this looks great. What a great little Asian inspired project.

Alyssa B said...

What a fabulous card, anyone would be overjoyed to receive it!

Gwen said...

May I just say.....WOW!!! this is FAN...TASTIC!!!!! love it! what a clever idea & your paper is just perfect!!! great job on the challenge :)

Traveling Mama said...

What a totally awesome project! I love this!!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

What a cute little komono. Great take on the Japan challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Sue Lelli said...

Just stunning! Great take on Japan!

Jak Heath said...

love it!
how cute please.

Debbie Olson said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I love your Kimono shape, as well as the perfect paper. :-}

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin