Saturday, October 17, 2009

2S4Y Challenge 37


Our DS was able to extend the end of his business trip and spend a day & a half with us this weekend, so I got a very late start on the 2S4Y Challenge. Wouldn't have missed our short & sweet visit with him for anything, but really wanted to try for the fabulous $100 JustRite Stampers prize offered in this challenge. I'm within a half hour of the deadline (I think!), so here's my card and the details. Love JRS and all the versatility their font stamps offer, but at the moment only own one small set. I decided I'd combine that 25-point Times New Roman font with this gorgeous star from Papertry Ink's Silent Night stamp set. Though it was a rush job, I really like how it turned out!
Paper: PTI's Gold CS; black CS from stash
Stamps: JRS 2 3/8" Round Stamper & Times New Roman 25 Point Font; PTI's Silent Night (2008)
Ink: Versamark
Embellishments: Stamp-n-Stuff Opaque Gold Embossing Powder & Gold Rhinestone Stickers (Michaels); Gold-edge Black Sheer Ribbon (from stash) Tools: Spellbinders Wizard; Labels Two Dies; Plain & Scalloped Round Dies; Cuttlebug Dotted Swiss Embossing Folder

5 comments:

Chrissie said...

Classic, elegant and simply beautiful Marge!
Chrissie

Gwen said...

Oh so Elegant Marge! Now I am thinking I need that Font set ;) It really is perfect with that star! hey what is the bling at the top??

Unknown said...

I love the sentiment on this classic elegant card. Thanks for sharing
:) kazan

Jak Heath said...

Now this I love, classy yet elegant, I wouldn't have thought to use the labels and circles together but I will now.
Love that ribbon too.

Kathy W said...

this is stunning and elegant

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin