Saturday, October 3, 2009

WCMD Challenge #2: Mexico

Both folklore and archeological finds show that the Chihuahua breed originated in Mexico. The most common theory and most likely is that Chihuahuas are descended from the Techichi, a companion dog favored by the Toltec civilization in Mexico. Gwen, my BBGF (Best Blogging GF!) has three of these little charmers, so I know she'll appreciate my Mexican card entry!!! She and another friend, Ilene, are @ CKC today. They are responsible for getting me into rubber stamping (Ilene) and blogging (Gwen), so they're very important in my life. Finances permitting I'd have been with them today, but I'm so happy WCMD gave me something to think about other than missing the day with them!
Paper: PTI's Kraft & Dark Chocolate CS; PTI's Autumn Abundance DP; Bazzill CS
Ink: PTI's Dark Chocolate
Stamps: PTI's Everyday Classics (sentiment); All Night Media (dog-1999); Copper Leaf Creations (earth-1995)
Embellishments: Ribbon (unknown); stickers (Joann's)
Tools: Spellbinders' Wizard Machine & Dies: Labels One & Double Ended Tags; MS Embossed Zig Zag Punch; Copic Markers
Edited to add: I'd forgotten that I also wanted to post this on Spellbinders' Facebook page to qualify for their random drawing for use of Spellbinders' dies! ;~)

7 comments:

Chriss Blagrave said...

Very cute!

Gwen said...

How Cute!!!! where ever did you get that stamp? I NEED to borrow please!! :) Love your layout & color choices!! great job with the challenge...we sure missed you at CKC!!!

Rebecca said...

Your layout and colors combined with the chihuahua, totally remind me of Mexico!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

A chihuahua LOL, what a good idea for this challenge. Fabulous job on the Mexico challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Kathy W said...

great card, very aztec and it reminds me of taco bell dog!

Sue Lelli said...

How cute is this dog! GREAT card for Mexico!

Jak Heath said...

this one is fun and I learnt something too, I didn't know that the Chihuahua breed originated in Mexico.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin