Sunday, October 11, 2009

Our Craft Lounge: Snowy Sayings II

Maren Benedict's card in the current issue of Paper Crafts Magazine (Pg. 49) inspired me to dig out my Candy Wrapper paper by My Mind's Eye, along with some Spellbinders' Nesties, and here's my result, another fun little card for winter or Christmas. I thought this flower die was perfect with this paper. For some reason I seem to be on a ric rac kick lately, but the first one I chose from my stash was too blue (not aqua enough) so I grabbed my Copic BG000 Pale Aqua and colored a white ric rac & my Copic R29 Lipstick Red to color my clear tiny stars and easily created two complimentary little details for my card -- love being able to do that! I also once again only embossed the same die I'd just used to cut my sentiment label & simply cut around the outside edge to give that extra little color layer behind the aqua. It takes very little time, but adds a lot, I think!
Paper: PTI's White & Aqua Mist CS; Candy Wrapper from My Mind's Eye DP
Stamp: Our Craft Lounge: Snowy Sayings
Ink: Cardinal VersaColor pigment
Embellishments: Doodlebug Design's sugar-coated brad; Amuse Twinkle Sticker (stars); ric rac & ribbon from stash
Tools: Spellbinders' Wizard & Labels Eight & Flower Creations Three Dies; Copic Markers

6 comments:

Gwen said...

Awesome!!! why am I surprised that YOU would have the perfect paper to go with that Die!LOL!!! Everything just goes together so perfectly!!! good job using your copics to make your stars & ric-rac match!!! I forget to do that.

Allison Rankin said...

This looks neat...such a different colors palette...loving that DP!

Unknown said...

Lol - wow what a match! great card Marge, and i loved your Japan card too!!!!

Kathy W said...

wow, love how die matches the paper very clever

Julia Aston said...

wow - what fun, fun paper and a perfect match for your spellbinders! love the colors on this pretty card! thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment - I'm off to cruise through yours now!

Jeni Glee said...

Each time I come here, I comment on your creations which I love. This time, I am going to comment on how much I value your friendship. You are always so supportive of me and you definitely inspire me, my Friend. I absolutely adore you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin