Friday, October 23, 2009

Stamping Sisters in Christ Challenge #9 (SSCC9)

My sweet friend, Gwen, once again pointed me to a challenge blog with a fabulous prize. (God knows what I'd do without her and I have NO intention of finding out -- obviously, she's a total keeper when it comes to great friends!!!) Go here to see the gorgeous Taylored Expressions Christmas stamp set being offered as a prize. The challenge is to make a card or project featuring the nativity or other religious theme about Christ's birth. Again, I've used PTI's Silent Night set from 2008 (still available for purchase) for my entry. I just love not only the elegant gold paper, embossing, ribbon & pearls, but particularly the fact that it reminds us all of the true meaning of Christmas!
You have almost two more days to post your project and be eligible to win -- good luck!!!
Paper: PTI's Vintage Cream & Gold CS
Stamps: PTI's Silent Night
Ink: Versamark
Embellishments: Sheer Gold Ribbon & Gold "Rhinestone" Stickers (both from Michaels); DeNami Design's Gold Embossing Powder
Tools: Spellbinders' Wizard & Fancy Tags Die

9 comments:

peggysue said...

So glad to see someone else using that set for this challenge, what a nice layout you've created with it. I'll have to try that one! Very elegant and yes, very much on target with the real meaning of Christmas. Thank you for participating in the Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge, we look forward to seeing you next week.

Gwen said...

Oh Marge!!! I am Oooooing & Aaaaaaing over this one! Sooo beautiful & elegant....love,love how you did the tag & that star is gorgeous! Well done!

Helen said...

What an elegant card! Wow. It's just beautiful! Thanks for sharing it with us at SSCC!
Blessings!
~H

Pamela said...

LOVE this!!!!

Kathy W said...

like how clean looking it is- very elegant

Chrissie said...

Beautiful in its simple elegance Marge

Anonymous said...

I love the elegance of this card!!!! It is breathtaking.

Thanks for playing along with us at SSCC.

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Simple elegance is oh so perfect for this theme. I especially love your star! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ!

Kelly said...

How elegant, Marge. I love all the gold. Great job!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin