Monday, October 5, 2009

WCMD Challenge #4: Australia


Once I saw Australia was the country for Nichole's WCMD Challenge #4 I couldn't stop thinking about all the Outback Steakhouse drink coasters I've accumulated over the years. After much deliberation over what to do for my card for this challenge, I finally decided I HAD to use this coaster -- if you click on the picture to enlare it, you'll hopefully be able to see the rings of little dots above & to the left of the sun, dotted circular reflections of it's bright impact on Australia! I took my scissors from SU (used for cutting their rubber stamps before mounting) & cut off the bottom 1/3 of the coaster (which said: "just have a seat at Outback.") and used my WeRMemoryKeepers Corner Chomper to round the new bottom corners. I stamped the lizard and attempted to add white gel pen dots around it & the coaster, only to realize I need a LOT of practice in this technique!!! To complete my card, I had to finish the inside with the rest of the sentence begun on the coaster!!! Hope it "tickles" (to borrow a phrase made "famous" by Claire on her blog)! Tee-Hee!!!
Paper: PTI's Kraft
Stamp: Comotion
Ink: PTI's Dark Chocolate
Embellishments: Ribbon (from stash)
Tools: MS Embossed Zig Zag Punch; Copic #YR07 (border)

5 comments:

Gwen said...

Awesome!!!! :) totally made me smile!!! this is truly perfect!!!

Steph Zerbe said...

Love the inside sentiment. Too funny!
The Mexico challenge is too cute. Great job.

Kathy W said...

fabulous, glad you used some saved collections for inspiration

Alyssa B said...

This is great! TSF

Jak Heath said...

Brilliant, and where the heck did you find the lizard stamp? I love it, it reminded me of the newts we had in our pond.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin