Sunday, September 25, 2011

Papertrey Ink September, 2011 Blog Hop: Inspirational Photo Challenge


Time for Papertrey Ink's monthly Blog Hop! Once again, I needed a male birthday card, always a challenge, so I've focused on the stripes in the inspiration photo, cutting strips from PTI's striped Turning a New Leaf DP and gluing them to Vintage Cream CS to create my BG. I love this paper's distressed look for masculine cards!
My focal image uses Half and Half's striped BG stamp with Spring Moss, stamped onto my Mat Stack 1 (Vintage Cream CS). My sentiment (Inside & Out: Birthday) and distressed edges are done in Dark Chocolate Ink.  For added dimension I cut a Ripe Avocado mat by just embossing/hand cutting it and using foam dots to attach. I notched the mat's left edge, secured my trim and threaded more trim through my button. For added interest I cut Spellbinders' Banner Basics and added flat-back metal pieces to dress up the top edge. That's it for my CAS striped masculine card!

27 comments:

Jessica Griffin said...

Your card is great! I love the lines!!

Sara Mac said...

Marge this is a wonderful card! I love the decorative elements at the top.

Rebecca said...

this is gorgeous! love those vertical lines!

Kara said...

amazing..love those stripes...great colors!!

Steph Lee (Arty Carty) said...

love the rich colors!!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic design! Such a perfect masculine card!

jen said...

what a wonderful masculine card- those distressed stripes are perfect & love the focal panel!

Tracey McNeely said...

Your colours are so eye catching, love the stripes.

Inkyfingers said...

What a fabulous man card. I love how you made the extra mat and how you used the half and half stripes as a background!
Hugs
Carol x

Dana said...

Very elegant!!

Leigh Penner said...

What a fabulous masculine card! Great take on the challenge!

Robin said...

Great masculine card and take on the inspiration!!
Robin

Ally said...

Very nice masculine birthday card. The stripes are a perfect touch! And I love the color scheme. Great card. ;-)

carol (krillsister) said...

Great masculine card. I liked how you used the stamp from Half & half on the mat stack. I need to remember this. Love the border at the topeof the card.

Linda Suarez said...

Great card! Perfect masculine card with the stripes.

Karen H. said...

This is so cool. I love the classic feel to it with the stripes and banner accents along the top.

Stephanie said...

Very, very pretty! I love how you combined so many different elements of stamp sets into your card. It all works so wonderfully together!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a fabulous masculine card. Love the colors and the stripes. :o)

Becky Carafa said...

This is a great man card!

Lori said...

What a great masculine card! The banner pieces really dress up the striped panels.

Christina said...

This is a wonderful masculine card! Love the bits of leather trim and fun scallops.

Laurie said...

So pretty! I love the stripes and the button detail!

Kay D said...

This is such a great masculine card, and the embellishments across the top are absolutely WONDERFUL!

Alice said...

wonderful masculine card, Marge! love the design!

Kristii said...

Absolutely beautiful!! Love the masculine feel and the leather trim is fabulous!

Sue Lelli said...

Marge, what a super male b-day card! LOVE the stripes and the fancy detail at the top! GREAT take on the inspiration!

Lynette said...

Perfect "guy" card, Marge!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin