Wednesday, June 27, 2012

IBSIC#14: Sketch Challenge & Blog Candy

I had wanted to do this new challenge I found a couple of days ago & THEN discovered today that a sweet friend, Sue Lelli, is actually their Guest Designer for the challenge -- woo-hoo, Sue!!! Then I discovered I only had 2 hours 40 minutes left to get a card made. IF you know me, I'm normally a very s-l-o-w crafter, so this was truly a RUSH job, but I did know what I wanted to do (a badly-needed male get well card) and I knew what papers I was going to use! So here is my very first Inspired by Stamping Inspiration Challenge entry:
This card is for a very dear friend of ours who just had his second knee replacement surgery (shhh--don't tell him, Marilyn)! I'll be mailing it tomorrow! We are only too familiar with that surgery here, since me beloved hubby has had both his knees done also. These two guys will now be able to enjoy more golf together this coming winter, I'm sure!

For John's card I've followed the fabulous sketch from ISBIC (one I'll surely be using again!) and layered fun papers I just recently found from 7 Gypsies "Venice" 6x6" paper pad. My card stock BG paper is Dark Chocolate from Papertrey Ink and my Grand Labels Eleven is cut from both PTI Kraft and Venice paper, offset at the top a bit from each other. Atop that I cut 2 tags from Ribbon Tags Trio 3 in orange and more Venice DP and then simply trimmed away a bit @ the top/bottom to reveal my orange Bazzill beneath. The reverse side of the striped paper is then laced through my tag. Finishing off this quick/simple card are orange Bazzill buttons threaded with fibers from SEI's Madera Island line.

That's it -- thanks for coming by and let me know how you like my 'less than 2-hour masculine get well card' and be sure to stop by and check out this FUN challenge here and leave the other ladies posting there some LOVE -- I know I will later this evening!!!

8 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

Now this is a card to bring a smile to your friends face! My Mom just had it done last month. Recovery has been rough, but hopefully once things start to feel normal again it will be worth it!

Thank you so much for joining us this week at IBSIC with this wonderful card!

lisa808 said...

Fabulous masculine card. I'm certain it will help to brighten your friend's recovery.

p.s. Sometimes our best work is done under pressure :)

Deb Hickman said...

Gorgeous masculine card, this will cheer him up. I'm so glad you found us, thanks for playing along with us at IBSIC, hope to see you next week. D xxx

Anonymous said...

So glad that you played at the challenge this week! Your card is just lovely! You did great at a putting this together in a few hours! Hugs, Joanna

1CardCreator said...

Sweet card Marge, love your masculine card ideas, you always pull them off flawlessly!

Ruby said...

Lovely card, the colours are great together! I loved your lemon story, it really made me smile, thanks for sharing it with me :)

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous, Marge!! I love the colors and papers you used!! I have the hardest time with masculine cards...I'm so impressed you put this beauty together in less than 2 hours!! :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sue Lelli said...

THX for my shout out! This is such a FAB masculine card! Well done under the time pressure! IBS is a GREAT challenge spot! You should play there often!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin