Saturday, June 23, 2012

My Sheri Crafts Challenge #088: I LOVE America!

For our My Sheri Crafts challenge, I have recently seen so many awesome banner-themed cards online, but I  somehow failed to save the one that inspired me to create today's card. When I happen upon it again, I'll update my post.
Using patriotic reds/whites/blues, I've combined card stock, patterned papers and even cut/pasted wording from our US Constitution to create my Spellbinders' die-cut banners and stars. After arranging them and securing here & there with glue dots, I stitched across the top with my sewing machine. I then merely added a few gems amongst the stars and stripes. My Happy 4th metallic letters are from my stash, part of a prize won many years ago, manufacturer unknown. My three tiny star stickers are from Amuse and I need to see if they're still available -- LOVE them!
Thanks for stopping by today and please check out all the fabulous inspiration @ My Sheri Crafts now and show us your I Love America entry!

9 comments:

Raquel said...

Marge! I love every single little ribbon banner and you sewed them on! Love love this card

Sandy Palmer said...

This is definitely a WOW card!!! I just LOVE everything about your card Marge!!!

Jill said...

Marge, I love this card! It is by far my favorite 4th of July card this year! I *may* have to case it! ;-D You put all the banners together beautifully--they very coherent, despite their number and different colors and patterns. I love how you stitched the top of the banner, and added the stars and rhinestones too! Well done!

Glenda said...

Wow! This is so pretty! Love all the little banners and how you put it together! Lovely combination of colors and patterns!
Glenda

1CardCreator said...

This is just too stinkin cute! I love all those flags!

Mary Jo said...

Marge you have captured the spirit of the 4th in your card. A great choice in the papers and design. Well done

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, this is FABULOUS!! I absolutely LOVE the banners!! So creative and beautiful!! This is so awesome :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sarah said...

Oh I love this card! What a great idea!

P.G. Lamb said...

Marge, what a lovely mini banner! The added sparkles make everything festive!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin