Saturday, June 9, 2012

My Sheri Crafts Challenge #087: Father's Day/Celebrate Men in our Lives

Our newest challenge at My Sheri Crafts is to celebrate the men in our lives for Father's Day or any reason you wish!

I started with striped masculine DP from my stash as a base and Washi tape from Target, cut to create my banner. I then used QuicKutz alpha dies to spell out 'Dad'. Spellbinders' Labels Eighteen forms the backdrop for letting him know that today we're celebrating him on his special day. I just love these new banner stamps from JustRite and couldn't wait to use them both together. Using the largest Labels Eighteen I cut my focal tan piece and again using red CS, I embossed it only in the Grand Calibur and hand cut a backing piece. My star is cut by hand also from a piece of turquoise leather.

Hope you'll whip up a masculine card(s) for a special man/men in your life and celebrate with us @ My Sheri Crafts!!!

I'm also entering this card @ this challenge:

13 comments:

Sandy Palmer said...

I just love what you are doing with the JR stamps! What a wonderful Father's Day card! Love the banner, and the big star out front too!

Lisa said...

This is so awesome!! I love the banner and the papers you used!! The stamps are so fabulous!! :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Mary Jo said...

Marge I really like your color combination and how you used the stamps for the card. The banner adds a lot to the card. Very nice card.

kathi17 said...

I love the leather! With all the banners and star, this would make any man feel important! Very nice.

Charlotte said...

OK Marge, You have really blown me away with the leather star. How creative is that!! Marge, The washi tape banner is just as cute as ever!. Love the way you did the sentiment, and your colors are wonderful!
Charlotte

ShelbyWoo said...

Marge love this card the lil pendants at the top are perfect for it!!

Sarah said...

Great card Marge! Your JR stamps and cuts are extremely well done! I can NOT hand cut things that well! Great job!

Sheri said...

This is GREAT! So glad you got your JR stamps in time! This card definitely says "Celebrate Dad"! I love all the layers! Thanks for sharing with us at JustRite Inspiration too ;-)

Raquel said...

Marge, this is a great card... love the colors you used but I think my favorite is the banner up top. that's so cute!

Glenda said...

Great masculine card! Love the papers, colors, banner, and star--just everything about it! Fabulous job!
Glenda

1CardCreator said...

Love the masculine card, the embossing looks gorgeous too!

Barb said...

Fantastic !!

Sarah's Little Snippets said...

A Fabulous card Marge :) I really love the washi tape banner ~ great idea!! Sarah x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin