Saturday, October 25, 2014

Papertrey October Blog Hop Challenge

After a much too long hiatus from PTI's Blog Hop, I'm jumping back into the fun today with Painted Poinsettias paired with Holiday Double Cuts dies. Nichole had me @ poinsettia, but  when I saw these fabulous Double Cuts, I knew I had to place a much overdue order.  I seriously needed ink pads and it's pure bliss being surrounded by stacks of luscious colors today!

I finally settled on the 2nd color recipe of Pure Poppy, Raspberry Fizz, Hawaiian Shores and New Leaf.  After much deliberation, I actually worked in Hawaiian Shores in two areas -- can you tell what they are?

The leaf veins are pretty obvious, but my flowers' veins not so much!  To create the leaves without adding a non-palette color, I die cut the leaves from Vintage Cream CS, inked the whole leaf stamp in New Leaf, stamped off once, then huffed and stamped my BG.  Next I stamped just the vein using Hawaiian Shores -- I rather like them this way.

Gold or silver for the holidays is always nice, so I used Danielle Flanders' gold-dipped leaves from a recent MIM, gold on my flower center and gold paper for backing 'Merry'.  A sprinkle of red sequins finishes this holiday card.

It was an early-to-rise day @ our house, so not sure I can make it through the whole hop today, but I will soon, as I'm anxious to drink in all the inspiration I know awaits there!  ;)

5 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

Very pretty poinsettia! Love the gold and I can see the blue!

Cindy H. said...

The poinsettia is so pretty - looks like velvet! Beautiful card!

Kathy Mc said...

This is just lovely and like the way you disguised HI Shores. The results are fabulous. Keep telling myself I don't need the Holiday Double Cuts, but each time I see them used I drool. Glad you got some much-needed ink pads ~ I need to do the same!

Helen F. said...

Beautiful card, Marge! I like the blue veins in the leaves of your pretty Poinsettia flowers. The double cut MERRY makes such a fabulous sentiment too.

Greta said...

Great use of the colors & your new inks!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin