Saturday, October 11, 2014

My Sheri Crafts Challenge #144: Autumn Abundance

My turn to choose the challenge at My Sheri Crafts this time around.  Now that it's finally fall (almost here in AZ too), I chose to focus on autumn, asking you to use Fall items seen in 'abundance':  leaves, acorns, fruits, pumpkins, gourds, etc.


I chose a bright striped fall BG paper from Bo Bunny's Apple Cider collection and ended up using some felt from my stash to cut my leaves and acorns using Spellbinders' dies.  Since I couldn't really emboss the felt very well I used a brown Sharpie to enhance the leaves veins.  My gem sentiment is one more from my stash that I grabbed @ Michaels years ago for a dime!  Gonna miss those great little word stickers when they're all gone -- sigh!  I backed it with a piece of burlap ribbon with gold thread and fringed the edges. Just a simple fall card that can be used for many occasions.

Hope you'll join us for this simple challenge @ My Sheri Crafts!

5 comments:

Sandy Palmer said...

Great use of the felt, and burlap here! Very fall festive! :)
Hugs,
Sandy.

Shona said...

Wow! What a great idea to use felt for the leaves. I love the look, and the burlap is perfect too!
We took a drive to the country today to buy fresh apples and all the trees are changing to the lovely colours in your card.

Sue Crease said...

Marge, love the theme you've chosen this time around. Your card is lovely, I like the felt leaves and the burlap too.
Sue.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Fabulous Fall creation! Wonderful texture and design.

Greta said...

Oh how I love this card, Marge! The gem word & burlap ribbon are wonderful & I love the striped paper!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin