Monday, October 6, 2014

Sew, Sometimes I Craft Without (#16) . . .

. . . paper and today I have a free, quick and ADORABLE little knit dress to show you that I downloaded from Jen @ Wren*Feathers' site! Stop by and check it out, plus her many fabulous patterns for sale @ her Etsy shop:  www.etsy.com/shop/jenwrenne.

I'd picked up this sweet little Rayon print knit for $1 @ Joann's a while back. It had been very poorly/crookedly cut, so it was only a small piece, but when I saw Jen's adorable dress, I just had to sew it!

It was sooo quick, easy and I was amazed that it fit  Molly, my older American Girl!  I simply cut the pattern exactly as drawn and used a 1/4" seam, but the rayon is so soft and silky and has 5% stretch, so that may be why?  Regardless, I just LOVE how cute it turned out.

I used a 2.0 double needle and added red stitching @ the neckline, sleeves and hem. I may have to make a red sweater or jacket to throw over this little gem for fall?!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin