Saturday, October 25, 2014

My Sheri Crafts Challenge #145: Black Magic

Our newest challenge:  'Black Magic' requires we create a Halloween project -- simple & timely, huh?!!!  ;)

For my entry, I chose an altered book cover, as I wanted to do something other than a card.  Luckily, I stumbled upon Lindsey's Altered Halloween Books here and followed her directions -- sooo fun!!!

I also luckily found my RIP metal piece at the local 99-cent store, meant to be a necklace originally.  I removed the plastic chain and hot glued my grave marker down to the book cover.  My letters were some from many years ago in a pack of unfinished chipboard pieces, so I added those at top & bottom for my 'title' and two decorative pieces from cut from Spellbinders' Twisted Metal Tags and Accents to add to each side of my grave marker.

Once my Mod Podge had dried, I painted on Adirondack Pitch Black Acrylic Paint and once that dried used Viva Decor's Inka Gold to run over my pieces. The red eyes were part of the piece when purchased, so I simply scraped the paper towel away and left them there in all their gory 'glory' -- Hee!

My second book started out as an inexpensive journal with lightweight cardboard covers. I simply covered it first in a layer of paper towel and then painted & scrunched it up a bit. When dry, I added my spider web using hot glue, along with more letters mounted onto a Spellbinders' Resplendent Rectangles die. For this one, I kept it simple by adding Inka Gold in Graphite over the web, lettering and label edge.  A felt spider and a small silver moon finish it off.

Hope you'll create a Halloween project and join us this week for my spooky good fun @ My Sheri Crafts! ;)

4 comments:

Sue Crease said...

Marge,
This is fantastic. I think it's the best thing I've seen you make and you have already made some stunners. The thought that has gone in to it, it's just amazing.
Sue

Sandy Palmer said...

This is totally awesome Marge! This is a WOW project that's for sure! It really is incredible! :)
Hugs,
Sandy.

Sarah said...

Awesome, Marge! Fun projects!

P.G. Lamb said...

Marge, this is gore and fabulousness at the same time! What a great idea of using a necklace as an embellishment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin