Sunday, September 28, 2014

Sew, Sometimes I Craft Without (#14). . .

paper -- meaning I'm sewing instead.  I had the pleasure of testing a darling new jacket pattern just released today by Terrie @ http://www.alldolledup-dollclothes.com/patterns.html

Terrie's pattern is sooo adorable, I think, and only $3.50 for an instant PDF download!!!

I just love how this one in camel fine-wale corduroy turned out -- Felicity LOVES it too!  She's a Pleasant Company American Girl, purchased for my DD in 1991.  I took Terrie's suggestion on her pattern to use a 1/4" seam allowance.  She suggests using a 3/8" seam allowance for slimmer/newer Mattel American Girl dolls. I may just have to sew one in another fabric for my slim girl soon -- just too cute with that peplum back, don't you agree?!

If it's cold/windy, Felicity can also button up that top button until she gets back inside:

Now she's all set for Fall!  ;-) 

Thanks for visiting today -- please leave me a comment and go visit Terrie's site (linked right above my photos) for LOTS of great AG patterns -- you'll be glad you did!!!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Wow Marge, What a cool jacket! Can you make one for me?LOL You'll need a lot more fabric! Glad to see you're staying crafty! Wish I could sew like you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin