Saturday, September 13, 2014

My Sheri Crafts Challenge #142: Birthday Celebrations!

Over @ My Sheri Crafts we're celebrating birthdays this time around, so why not get a card or two made ahead for that upcoming birthday and join us!  That's what I did:


First is a CAS feminine card, using My Mind's Eye 'Lost & Found' for my BG strip and at the center of my embellishment.  Spellbinders' Delicate Doilies and Petite Scalloped Circles Large were used to die cut my focal pieces.  My birthday sentiment is from JustRite's Birthday Vintage Labels Four.

I also needed a masculine birthday greeting, so chose to go CAS again, using My Mind's Eye 'On the Bright Side' patterned papers. For my background I chose an orange weathered wood design as I like the roughness and texture it gives a man's card and added it to my white A2 card base.  Next I added rectangles cut with Spellbinders' A2 Matting Basics (as was my BG piece) in textured linen and chevron papers.  For novelty, I offset my die cuts on the left and right and added my birthday greeting to them using foam squares.  Finishing off my card are 3 small metal squares I colored orange with a Copic Marker and a piece of orange twine tied with a simple knot.

I chose a gray envelope for my recipient and used the dark gray linen paper again to line the flap.  Always enjoy doing that when I remember and have time to add this simple finishing touch, so will need to do one for my girly card, but had already taken my photo before thinking of it this time!

Okay, get those birthday cards made and join us over @ My Sheri Crafts this week!

10 comments:

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Beautiful card love that doily die must be new .

Marge said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sue Crease said...

Marge, two great cards. I like the CAS style so useful when you have a few to do. I do like the male card.
Sue.

Anonymous said...

Clean & simple is always fun!

Anonymous said...

Always great to have extra birthday cards on hand!

Lisa said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous, Marge!! I love the dies you used on the first one!! The papers are fabulous on the second!! You do CAS so beautifully!!

Thank you so, so much for voting for my card!! I appreciate it so much my friend!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sandy Palmer said...

Great set of cards Marge! I especially love the male card! They are so hard to do and you pulled it off beautifully! :)
Hugs,
Sandy.

Raquel said...

Wow! Two very different birthday cards and I love them both. Love the doily die cuts on the feminine card and I love how you did the font for the masculine card. Wonderful job on both!

Sherrie K. said...

Both of your cards are beautiful! I love the fun die you used on the first card~beautiful focal point!
The second card is also awesome..great design and fun papers!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

P.G. Lamb said...

Marge, both the feminine and masculine versions of your birthday cards are absolutely gorgeous! I love the shabby chic layered doilies on the feminine version and the distressed look on the masculine card!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin