Saturday, February 16, 2013

My Sheri Crafts Challenge #104: It's Fishin' Time

Yep, it's fishin' time here at My Sheri Crafts, so we want to see your project with a fish on it!
I went back and forth several times with this challenge, trying to decide what I wanted to do and in the end I die cut my fisherman using my Boss Kut Gazelle and a free die cut from Bird's Cards. If you have an electronic die cutting machine and you've never visited Bird's blog, you are missing a special treat.  Her files all cut beautifully and they're free! Go check out all her wonderful creations and leave her some love!
I used paper purchased years ago from Close to my Heart, as the BG makes me think of a big bridge over a body of water.  My little fish stamp is one I've had for many years also. It has no manufacturer or name on it, but I decided I'd use my Twinkling H2O's for his shiny scales, though the photograph doesn't do it justice. My 'Fishing you' sentiment (Our Craft Lounge) is a little play on words -- I'll likely add 'a Happy Birthday' inside for one of our sports-minded male friends.
Can't wait to see your clever ideas for a fishing project -- share it today with us @ My Sheri Crafts!!!

6 comments:

Sandy Palmer said...

Great choice of paper you used on your card Marge! Great guy card! I am sure any of your male sports friends are going to love it!
Hugs,
Sandy.

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the shiny scales - FAB detail! I also think that the paper is a perfect choice! FAB male card!

Lisa said...

What an awesome card, Marge!! I love the cut of the fisherman!! The Twinkling H2O's on the fish look amazing!! The paper you used is fabulous!! Happy Saturday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Raquel said...

Seems like such a simple card at first glance but you have so many wonderful details that pops out as you stare at this card... LOVE it!

Kristi said...

Love it! It looks like my hubby! (he loves to fish)

P.G. Lamb said...

Marge, that paper was the perfect background for the fisherman cut! The scale of the fish stamp was equally perfect too! Everything went well together quite wonderfully!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin