Saturday, July 21, 2012

My Sheri Crafts #090: National Ice Cream Month

Since July is National Ice Cream Month, our Hostess, Glenda, @ My Sheri Crafts has challenged us to create a project using an ice cream cone/dish!

Having not one ice cream stamp in my stash, I found this card/tutorial here and just knew this was what I wanted to re-create! I first used Cricut's Sweet Treats cartridge to cut my ice cream cones from scraps. Then basically following the tutorial, I created my shoppe's awning, cutting my white CS piece with Spellbinders' Classic Postage Stamp Edgeabilities' die. To complete the awning, I merely cut/glued strips from an embossed scallop-edged piece of pink Bazzill CS. I used that same CS for the card base/shelf also. Finishing touches include glitter, a 'drip' gem, Bazzill pink gingham ribbon and Happy Day Sticker from my stash.

Hope you're inspired today to create your very own cool, summery ice cream project and share it with us @ My Sheri Crafts -- we'd LOVE to see your sweet inspiration!!! It might make you 'feel a bit cooler' too?!  :`~)

15 comments:

Raquel said...

LOVE the awning and the whole look to simulate an ice cream stand. What a great idea. Very sweet project

Charlotte said...

Marge,
What a fabulous card. I LOE the awning you made. And the shelf is perfect too. Great idea of the drip gem. As aways your card os wonderful.
Charlotte

Sandy Palmer said...

I just love how you made this awning card! Wonderful colors and paper you chose too! It's all SUPER ADORABLE!

Miss Sue said...

What a fun card! I just love everything about it!! Once again, excellent job!
Hugs!!

ShelbyWoo said...

this is so very adorable and what a great way to display those cones! :)

Mary Jo said...

This card almost makes you want to go get the scoop out and have a cone. Very cute.

Lisa said...

Wow, Marge, this is so fabulous!! I love your ice cream shoppe!! The entire design is just stunning!! Love the adorable cones!! What an awesome card :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sarah said...

Marge, this is so cute!! I just lvoe that awning. My first impression was it was an old fashioned ice cream cart. Love it!

Sue Lelli said...

This is so CLEVER and so CUTE, Marge! LOVE the sparkle on the scoops and that awning is FABULOUS!

Glenda said...

Gorgeous card Marge! When I first saw this, I said "Wow! I must try this!" I love it and am happy you shared the tutorial! Love the papers and the yummy ice cream cones. Great job my friend!
Glenda

Beate said...

Mary, your card is adorable! LOVE the colors and papers you picked. LOVE teh sparkles around the icecream. Darling card.
Hugs and smiles

Sandy Ang said...

what a yummy card !

Sheri said...

This card is SO PERFECT for the ice cream challenge! I love the awning and the way those cones are delightfully displayed ;-)

1CardCreator said...

Very "SWEET" Marge!

P.G. Lamb said...

Marge, the awning looks great! The bling drop is such a sweet surprise. The colors you chose are so pretty!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin