Saturday, January 5, 2008

Vertical Banded Male Card


I like a variety of styles/sizes for cards, so decided I'd use an extra envelope from a card/envelope set I'd received. The original Making Memories card/envelope set included a white insert which fit through a green card with a double slit near the top third. I decided to instead use a brown card with an eyelet-attached band to match my round tab punch pullout at the top. I thought this would make a nice "guy card", but was then stymied as to how to finish it. Finally, I decided this stamp from Stampin'Up's Carte Postale set added the right touch and it could still work for either a man or woman. The finished card size is 3 7/8" x 9 1/4" and fits a No. 10 envelope. This particular envelope closes on the end rather than the side.
Paper: Cardstock: Brown and Craft Speckle; DS Paper: StampinUp's Brocade Background; Envelope: Making Memories Upright Slot Cards & Envelopes
Stamp: StampinUp's Carte Postale Set
Ink: Versafine Vintage Sepia
Embellishments: WeRMemoryKeepers Extra Large & Large Eyelets
Tools: WeRMemoryKeepers Crop-A-Dile; StampinUp's Round Tab Punch

5 comments:

Gwen said...

that is a GREAT guy card!! love the brad at the top!
Gwen

Kathy W said...

fab card! Would make a great stationary set too.
Kathy

JB-Crafting Supplies said...

What a lovely male card!

Julie
SBS-8

debby4000 said...

This is so elegant and yes it will work well has a male card.

My Paper World said...

Very classy! Great Guy card!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin