Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Simple Punched Thank You Card

This card was inspired by my Black/White Floral Rosette card (6 posts below) and my tutorial allowing you to temporarily modify your punch. On this card, I wanted to punch exactly half of the scalloped oval. This method (as detailed 2 posts below) makes it possible to
achieve on your first try!
Paper: White: The Paper Company's Arctic Snow Text; Making Memories 6" x 6" Boho Chic's Turquoise Box Flower Cardstock
Stamp: Stampin'Up 2001 Thanks
Ink: VersaColor's Turquoise and Seafoam
Tools: Marvy Uchida Oval Scallop Punch; Timeless Touches Piercing Tool
Embellishment: Ribbon

15 comments:

debby4000 said...

Great idea for the punches, it made a stunning, elegant card.

Kim said...

Wow what an awesome idea - I love the way that looks. Really beautiful! Kim sbs8

Etha said...

Wow what a wonderful trick and SO effective!! Your card is incredible!! Oh I so love simple and clean cards, thanks so much for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

You are fab putting all these lovely tutorials on your blog. Thank you xx
Annette xx sbs8

Gwen said...

Hey that is a great Idea...you know how much I hate to measure! love the cute card too!!!

Anonymous said...

very effective.

Kay (SBS8)

Kathy W said...

good tip, fun simple card.
kathy sbs8

Leonie Schroder said...

ooo thanks for the tip ... looks great ... Leonie SBS8

Sallyh said...

that looks so effective - thanks for sharing it with us

Kelly said...

Grat idea - thanks for sharing. :)

Anonymous said...

hi marge,
great tip here !!!!!that scalloped has just so many neat uses.
tfs,
chat
i just tagged you. please visit my blog.

Su Davis said...

Excellent idea and lovely card - can't wait to try it out!
Su
SBS8
Gloucester, UK

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Hi Marge,

This is pure genius! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I've been lurking on your blog this morning and it's fantastic. Can't wait to see more of your great pointers. :0) Mel

P.S. Hope it's ok that I added you to my blog roll.

My Paper World said...

Such a great idea! It looks fab!

JB-Crafting Supplies said...

Great idea Marge for the punches and a lovely card!

Julie SBS-8

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin