Saturday, August 2, 2014

My Sheri Crafts Challenge #139: Non-Traditional Shaped Cards

We were asked to create non-traditional shaped cards (any shape/fold besides straight-edged standard cards allowed) and I decided to do a sympathy card. Always need to have a couple on hand, sadly. Ever since I received Spellbinders' Arched Windows die set, I felt it would be a good beginning to create this type of card. Using the Cross Collection dies also seemed fitting and my decision was to go simple in keeping with the solemn occasion.

My Papers are Bazzill and Papertrey Ink's Fine Linen and a gold metallic (source unknown) for my cross. My sentiment is from JustRite's stamp set "With Sympathy" stamped in Memento's Tuxedo Black. Decorating the inside arch is Latte tulle and ZVA Creative pearls.

I'll be anxiously watching to see your non-traditional shaped card @ My Sheri Crafts challenge soon!

5 comments:

Sandy Palmer said...

Such a warm and touching sympathy card! Love the shape Marge! Wonderful use of the tulle! :)
Hugs,
Sandy.

Sue Crease said...

This is a lovely sympathy card. Very nice touches and the colours are just right.
Sue

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful card! I love the shaped card and the tulle and pearls- awesome touch!

P.G. Lamb said...

Marge, this is such a beautiful sympathy card. The way you framed the arch with the tulle curtains is such a lovely detail. Seeing your card made me think of the saying, "When God closes the doors, He opens the windows."

Sarah said...

Beautiful Marge! I love how you used the netting and it really makes it look like the cross is set back into a recessed area. Great card!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin