Tuesday, August 5, 2014

JustRite Friday Challenge #126: Don't Be So Negative!

For the current challenge @ JustRite Sheri asked us to use a "negative" piece (the part that is left after you cut something out) somewhere in your project. This was an easy decision, as I still had a green negative piece cut using Gold Majestic Circles. I loved the beautiful embossed edges I was left with and what a lucky break to have saved it!




I decided I wanted to do a rather unique Christmas card using yellow/gold instead of the traditional red/green.  First I embossed my yellow card with Gold Majesty Circles. Then to make it more festive, I threaded my sewing machine with Sulky Holoshimmer and stitched around the negative piece before attaching it to the yellow card. My sparkly greeting is from JustRite's Festive Poinsettia clear stamp set. Some gold gems and a textured gold bow complete my simple, sparkly Christmas card and I'm one card closer to having them done for 2014!


8 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful Marge. I like the colors, and the embossing inside the negative space.

Sheri said...

That gold die is meant for this challenge and I love the way you simply embossed the die inside the negative space - BEAUTIFUL!! Thanks for sharing with us at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

Unknown said...

Beautiful Marge. Love that you embossed inside the negative space!

Mary Jo said...

Marge this is a beautiful card. Loved all of the extra work you put in to it.

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Beautiful card love how you embossed inside the neg. space sure is the highlight.Tks. for the nice comment you left on my blog really love reading them

Shona said...

Whew! I was going through my folder of die cut pieces, and I found one of these negatives in gold. It was out on my desk for two days, but no inspiration was forthcoming. It's a beautiful die and you used it perfectly to showcase all it's amazing detail. Love the colours you picked too. Weird though that the middle of Summer inspired us to do Xmas cards!
What's with the early posting? Who are you and what did you do with Marge??

Larissa Heskett said...

WOWOWOWOWOW!! This is BEYOND BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE the Design and your take one the challenge!! I LOVE the colors and the GOLD Stitching and Embossing (both dry and wet methods!!) =) THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

weim house said...

Congratulations! Love the green! Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin