Tuesday, July 22, 2014

JustRite Friday Challenge #125: Non-Traditional Christmas

JustRite's Friday Challenge (ending tomorrow 6PM CDT) requires us to use non-traditional colors -- 'the majority of your project must contain NO RED or BURGUNDY'. I always enjoy this challenge sooo much because I have a few 'special' cards I hand deliver each year and this card/matching envelope will be one, so I had fun making/decorating my envelope too.
Using Spellbinders' Layered Poinsettia dies, I cut my poinsettia flower petal layers/leaf using lusciously-thick Curious 'Nude' CS (a lovely gift from my sweet friend, Marilyn). Next, I stamped JustRite's Festive Poinsettia clear stamps using VersaMark ink and embossed with Squash Blossom EP.  For my leaf, I stamped/embossed a sentiment from the same set and detail embossed the leaf's edges.  I nestled it under the flower and mounted all onto Spellbinders Gold Majesty Circles -- LOVE that die!  Sheer ribbon bow and gems finish off the card.
My A2 envelope is cut from the same CS and lined w/the coordinating metallic paper, using We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board. Since it won't be mailed, I die cut/embossed a poinsettia leaf on the flap and added gems for a little sneaky peek of what's inside before it's opened -- LOVE doing that for a few special cards!

10 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

Gorgeous colors, Marge! LOVE the pointsettia and the ribbon and that envelope is FAB!

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Geez...feel free to hand deliver this card and envelope to me! :)

The pair is beautiful! I would not only display the card but also the envelope! The metallic is stunning!

Have a good one! Hugs.

Mary Jo said...

Marge love what you have done with the non-traditional challenge. (and you even got it on a day early :) ) Very pretty.

Kristi said...

Yowsa, Marge! This is one gorgeous card! LOVE the colors and the cool layout. ♥ Hope you guys are doing well!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Marge. I like that metallic paper with the brown. I LOVE what you did on the envelope. How did you get the embossed poinsettia?

Sheri said...

WOWEE - This is one gorgeous card and envelope ensemble!! Love how you did the envelope flap!

Unknown said...

So Pretty Marge! Love the colors and the envelope!

Shona said...

I don't believe it!!! I don't know who is in whose head, but it's getting weird. I decided last week on aqua(I have witnesses), but I misplaced my SB die, and didn't find it until this afternoon. Thank heaven I didn't plan on the circles again, but I did buy a ribbon rather like yours, so relieved I didn't use it.
Your card is fabulous! Love the colour! ;D Love the poinsettia die! ;D I'm so glad you used the Majesty Circles, I felt bad that you felt it necessary to change your plan last time.
Your envelope is AMAZING ! What a gorgeous set and outstanding design. Can I borrow that envelope idea? I just adore it!

Larissa Heskett said...

OMG OMG OMG!! WOWOWOWOWOOWOWOW!! This is AWESOME!! I LOVE this set and the color!! =) The Sparkle makes me HAPPY!! WELL DONE I think your a WINNER forsure!! =) THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Anonymous said...

LOVE it!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin