Wednesday, July 9, 2014

JustRite Friday Challenge #124: Sketch Inspiration

For this JRFC #124 challenge I've used a new stamp from the June release, Rose Bouquet Vintage Labels, coloring the gorgeous roses with the Spectrum Noir yellows set I won on a recent challenge -- they are AWESOME (as is this stamp set)! I shall definitely be adding to the blues and yellows set I won very soon.

My roses were die cut using Grand Labels Four and I topped the die on my card with a partial cut from Gold Labels Four in a lighter green CS.  I had to stamp that sweet little bee and added a bit of yellow to him also, along with sparkle for his wings from a Sakura pen -- LOVE him! My sentiment is from JR's With Sympathy and this card is going to someone special who is having a difficult time with medical issues currently. Hope it brightens their day a bit when it arrives.  It's quite a large card, so I wanted to construct a matching envelope with my WRMK Envelope Board, but ran out of time to get that done this week. That will be next on my agenda!

6 comments:

Sheri said...

WOW-EE!! This is a real STUNNER!!! I love the colors and layers you chose - thanks for joining in at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

Shona said...

Oooh, lovely! Isn't that stamp set fabulous? I love the colours and papers you used on this, the yellow roses and the bee are awesome! So glad you managed to squeak in under the wire! :D

Unknown said...

Wowzers! This is beautiful. You did a great job coloring that rose image with the markers. I've already added 4 more sets of SN markers to the ones I won.

Shona said...

How could you not use that new stamp?! I'm surprised that everyone didn't use it, and as for the Majesty circles, I'm not surprised that you had the same idea.I thought it was an obvious choice when I saw the sketch. I don't know what it is with us, but I'm sure that you and I will have the same ideas again! Are you the sister I never knew I had?

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Holy smokes, Marge! Gorgeous card!! Love the coloring if the roses...stunning!

Your friend will really appreciate the card. How thoughtful of you.

Mary Jo said...

Marge love what you did with the new set. I just got it too and had hoped to make a card for the challenge, but time got away. Think this is a real winner.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin