Sunday, March 30, 2014

Thank You!

I recently won a gorgeous flower embroidered Mexican blouse for an 18-inch doll and since Jen lovingly handmade it, I just had to create a handmade garment-themed thank you card for her. Go check out her blog and her Etsy pattern store (link @ top of her blog) for many fabulous doll patterns in many sizes/styles, including lots of free ones and many historical patterns. You'll not be disappointed!

My card was made using Spellbinders' A-2 Fancy Ribbon Threader and Decorative Dress Forms dies and tiny Tim Holtz hanger, as was this previous one. I hand threaded embroidery floss through the frame's edges and ribbon along the bottom. The simple dress is adorned with narrow ribbon and a treasured little pearl-bedecked bow that was given to me by my SIL. It's a treasure because it belonged to my sweet MIL who passed away this month at the age of 97 1/2. I shall miss her sweet face and her plethora of sewing knowledge. As she was ever-present on my mind when I made this card, I wanted to share something from her that made me smile.  :`)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin