Sunday, September 29, 2013

My Sheri Crafts Challenge #120: Stitch Time

Our new challenge at My Sheri Crafts is to make a project which includes a sewing theme, so I took advantage of my Spellbinders' A-2 Fancy Ribbon Threader and Decorative Dress Forms dies to do some hand stitching on my fun little card, made with a very special young woman in mind! We seldom get to see each other, but last time we had an especially rewarding shopping excursion. She's going through a bumpy time professionally and we reminisced about the fun we had, so this little card just makes me think of her even more!
I started out cutting the A-2 Fancy Ribbon Threader die #4 and lacing two coordinating colors of 6-ply DMC embroidery thread separately through the outside holes, framing my card. I did the same with Die #1 using 3 strands of floss, as well as stamping my sentiment from Papertrey Ink's Birds of a Feather.
To die cut my dress, I folded a piece of CS in half and placed the die just above my fold, so I'd have a way to insert my tiny Tim Holtz hanger and hang it from the matching TH brad. I used a Timeless Touches Elegance Border template to create the holes on my dress neckline and hemline and again added hand stitching. A ribbon and rose finish off the dress at the waist and a cotton ribbon is laced through at the bottom of my card and tied into a bow to hold my sentiment tag.
Would LOVE to see your "Stitch Time" project over @ My Sheri Crafts, so please post it for us all to enjoy!

7 comments:

Mayras Designs said...

This is a beautiful card ! I love the colors and the details you chose ! I am also a new follower as well ! Have a wonderful day .

Mayra
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

Migdalia said...

Gorgeous! Elegant & Beautiful!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

Sandy Palmer said...

This is quite lovely Marge! So delicate and dainty! :)

P.G. Lamb said...

Marge, this is beautiful! I love the ribbon weaving and hand stitching with the embroidery floss. The colors are perfect too!

Sue Crease said...

Marge,
Just love this soft looking card. So easy on the eye with its lovely stitching and dress too. So pretty.

Sue

Raquel said...

What a sweet card! The dress is so adorable and so delicate. Love the stitchings on the border and great details with the hanger. The color works well here

Sheri said...

This is one of my FAVS!! I would NEVER do all that stitching! LOL

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin