Saturday, June 8, 2013

My Sheri Crafts Challenge #112: Summer Solstice - Longest Day

For our new challenge @ My Sheri Crafts we're requesting you make a card or project with a summer evening in mind. It could be a sunset or a view from your porch -- just whatever says 'summer evening' to you!

My summer evening card involves a quiet bike ride -- time to enjoy nature and often here in the desert SW we'll see fascinating hot air balloons floating by! One of my favorite times is late evening just before the sun goes down! 

My card was stamped exclusively with Papertrey Ink stamps (Everyday Button Bits and Out on a Limb Revised) and inks (Dark Chocolate and Lavender Moon). A bit of colored pencil for my bike and PTI buttons for wheels and balloons, plus a touch of Antique Linen Distress inking along the edges of my PTI Vintage Cream CS and it was ready to attach to a Kraft card base.

Can't wait to see all the ideas everyone comes up with on this fun challenge, so please post yours @ My Sheri Crafts!!!

10 comments:

Lisa said...

This is so creative and beautiful!! I love how you used the buttons!! The colors are fabulous!! What a gorgeous card!! Happy Saturday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Glenda said...

Gorgeous card! Love the stamps and the button embellishments! What a nice way to spend time on a summer evening!
Hugs!
Glenda

Sandy Palmer said...

Lovely card Marge! When we lived in CA we used to see hot air balloons floating by every morning! I missed it for the longest time once we moved away! Perfect card! :)

Sue Crease said...

Marge,
You did a great job with this card. I love the image of the bike and the balloons floating off. What a good idea to use buttons.

Sue

1CardCreator said...

Super card, love those buttons! ~Diane

Shona said...

This is so pretty, and the buttons are such a great touch. I just love them as wheels on the bike. That's so cute!

Kristi said...

Hey Marge! Love your card. The button bits are so cute! Hope you're staying cool!

Sarah said...

Marge this is just beautiful! I would never have thought of using buttons for the wheels! So cute!

P.G. Lamb said...

Marge, your hot air balloons are more adorable than the ones that we have here in the desert. :-) Love your gorgeous card and the way you showcase the buttons!

Raquel said...

Oh my Marge! I love the use of buttons!!! Love this card

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin