Saturday, June 22, 2013

My Sheri Crafts Challenge #113: Happy Birthday, America!

Since it's America's Birthday soon, Sarah is asking us @ My Sheri Crafts Challenge to simply create a birthday card -- something we ALWAYS need!!!

I wanted to use lavender for a change, so grabbed my Chalice Silver Royal Metallics paper for my card base, and Spellbinders' Lattice Motifs and the lattice border from A2 Bracket Borders One. I cut/embossed the motif from lavender metallic paper. For the center oval, I chose flat black CS and stamped my sentiment from JustRite's Botanical Medallions & Banners in VersaMark ink, then heat embossed in silver EP from DeNami Design and popped it up with foam tape. I added black CS underneath my lower edge's lattice border. A simple bow from ribbon I've had in my stash forever completes my CAS birthday card!

Can't wait to see your birthday cards for this challenge!!!

8 comments:

Lisa said...

This is beautiful!! The purple is so pretty!! I love the Lattice die and border!! What a gorgeous card!! Happy Saturday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sandy Palmer said...

Very classy birthday card Marge! Love the SB's you used here! :) Wonderful bow!

Kristi said...

Gorgeous, Marge! Love the silver and lavender together! Hope your weekend is going great!♥

Sarah said...

This is so pretty Marge! I love that border and the lavender on white is fantastic!

Sue Crease said...

Marge,
Love this lavender birthday card, so pretty.
Great use of the SB too.

Sue

P.G. Lamb said...

Marge, you always make the most elegant of cards! This is fabulous!

Glenda said...

Gorgeous card Marge! Love the purple and lattice!
Glenda

Raquel said...

Marge, what an elegant card! I love the heat embossing on black, that contrast came out really pretty

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin