Tuesday, May 28, 2013

JustRite Friday Challenge #097: Color Inspiration

Another beautiful color inspiration @ JustRite's Friday Challenge which closes @ 6 PM tomorrow.

For my entry this go-round, I worked with Bo Bunny's 6x6 Gabrielle Collection, which contains the lovely shades of cream, teal and light orange. I was inspired to use my JustRite Ooh La La French Frills stamps and coordinating JustRite Custom dies. I stamped the dress on cream CS in melon berry ink and colored with Cra-Z-Art pencils for a change of pace. My dress form was cut from the Bo Bunny paper too and popped up on a melon beaded circle die cut.

Using two more Bo Bunny layers, I die cut one with Grand Scalloped Circles and partially hand-traced the teal piece with a Grand Circle die in order to better coordinate with the scroll pattern on it. These were attached to my cream 6x6 card base and the corners on the open edge were rounded. I stamped Just for You from JustRite's With Gratitude Labels One onto JustRite Custom Vintage Labels and Banner Dies that coordinate with several of their stamp sets -- LOVE that!

Some 'ombre' large pearls (accidentally sun bleached in my craft room's south window, but one I'm happy occurred!) adorn the scalloped circle and Want2Scrap LeCreme Swirl pearls and hand-dyed seam binding finish off this fun girly card. Appreciate your stopping in today; come back again soon!

7 comments:

Mary Jo said...

You hit the colors perfect in this card. It is so light and airy in your design. Very pretty.

I'm a Little Teapot said...

What a gorgeous card! Love your layout and the sun bleached pearls are beautiful. :)

Your seam binding now goes so well with the card...perfect finishing touch!

Lisa said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! The colors are so pretty and your design is elegant and beautiful!! Stunning!! Happy Wednesday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Larissa Heskett said...

WoW!! This is BEAUTIFUL!! I have really enjoyed this challenge and I LOVE your take on it!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Sheri said...

OH! I LOVE THIS! The colors are perfect for the challenge and you KNOW I like that SW die! Thanks for sharing with us at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

This a beautiful card and I love the layout and design . Thanks for sharing .

Shona said...

Beautiful! I really like how you designed this card. It is so feminine with all the circular shapes.Of course, the colours and details are gorgeous too!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin