Friday, February 24, 2012

Halloween Wine Charms

My dear friend, best known as 'Sassy', has retired & moved out of state, so she demanded (uhhh, I mean 'sassily requested') I make these Halloween Wine Charms for her. LOL! Nothing like a bit of Fall in Winter (or AZ's Spring), huh? Another dear friend had a surprise going-away party for her, so I decided to get these made for her gift.
These are a combination of Spellbinders' dies and die cuts done with my fabulous new Boss Kut Gazelle machine. {I am such a lucky girl -- explanation here!!!  ;~)} The shapes cut with my Gaz are the ghost, spider, pumpkin and bat. One advantage to cutting these with the Gaz is that you can make them a bit larger as they do shrink to about 1/3 of their original size.
I've added beads to these (and need to do the same with my own Christmas charms) to better help party participants recognize their wine glass and just because I love the splash of color, especially with so much black for these Halloween ones. Besides, I always set my glass down and then can't remember where I put it -- LOL -- not that I really party often. My drink of choice here in the desert is bottled water (sorry landfill!) -- I'm rarely seen without it. Since I'm most often at home crafting, it's safer to close the lid tight & have an unbreakable plastic bottle when I'm rushing around my craft room with my 'weapon of choice': sharp scissors, heat tool, etc. -- you crafty ladies understand, right?!
Hopefully, Sassy will think of me when she uses these little charms this Fall!  Thanks for stopping by today and let me know if you like my little charmers -- they were really FUN to make!!!

3 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

Sassy should leave a comment and THANK YOU for these super adorable and very useful charms! I think they are all so unique and FABULOUS!

Kathy W said...

super fun!

Sheri said...

OH! These DID turn out CUTE! Love it!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin