Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Hey Turkey!!!

Once again, this darling idea (like my previous post) came from Vicki Hook here! She said: " Go ahead, try it! You know you want to!" She was right -- so I did!!! And I'm so glad I did; with the Nesties, he didn't really take very long to make either! Vicki's site is full of awesome ideas, so I've got to go back & look around some more!!!
He's so cute I've not decided whether to put him on a card or perhaps just make him a decor item for Thanksgiving. Wouldn't these be adorable as placeholders for your holiday dinner?! You could put the person's name on the front of him cut out with a scalloped rectangle - too cute!!! You could even use smaller Nesties for those; I used my largest.
Paper: Basic Grey's Mellow 6 x 6 Paper Pad; Making Memories' 6 x 6 Travel Paper Pad
Embellies: Wiggly Eyes from stash

10 comments:

Jeni Glee said...

Marge, my Friend, this is the cutest turkey I have ever....I mean, ever, seen! I can see him on a card but your idea about making some to use as place holders is fantastic! I love the
6X6 paper pads...aren't they just so handy and wonderfully perfect for making cards?

I am absolutely delighted to hear that you are a WINNER!!!!! How exciting! I wish I lived near you so you could pass some of your luck onto me! I guess if I entered some challenges with prizes, it might help improve my chances of winning! HA!

I am off to check out Vicki's site...thanks for the info!

Jeni Glee said...

I'm back....ha! I guess I did not get it that all you left was a comment! Whoa, that is amazing!

I did not know that your kiddos are in Seattle....we are about 200 miles east of there down in the wine country and desert area of the state (down near the Oregon border.) Our son lives in Bothell so we are there whenever we get a chance to visit. Angelina (our Grandgirl and his daughter) is in school now and lives with her Mom so we don't see her as often as we would like but Jim does try to work out for us to visit when he has Angelina.

You can email me, if you would like....I would love to hear from you anytime.

jeniglee@yahoo.com

Gwen said...

Oh my gosh!!!! so stinkin cute!!! I gota go check it out!!! boy you are really on a roll today!!!! you go BBGF!!!!!

Vicki Hook said...

Marge, your turkey is fabulous!!! I'm going to have to make a bigger one with my Nesties too!!! They would absolutely look great around the Thanksgiving table wouldn't they!!! Thank you so much for linking me to yours so I could see it.

Thanks for the shout-out too! :D

Vicki

Becky said...

Awww what a cute turkey...just right for the holidays!! Thanks for sharing it and the tutorials from Vicki's site.

Chrissie said...

What a cutie, pity we don't have Thanksgiving in the UK!
Chrissie

Unknown said...

This little guy is a gem - love it!!

Kelly said...

You're right, Marge. He is precious. :)

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Totally adorable!

JB-Crafting Supplies said...

So cute Marge, pity we don't have thanksgiving in the UK!

Julie

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin