Friday, March 28, 2008

RUN -- don't WALK -- Bargain Tip of the Day!!!


I found these huge brightly-colored Clip-On daisy silk flowers for $.99 each today @ Michaels alongside their silk flowers displays!!! The package says they're for decorating pkgs., fashion accessories or wearing in your hair -- what about papercrafting???!!! ;-)
When I cut the first one apart, I discovered not only the bigger petals (3 are 4 1/2"; 1 is 3 1/2" & 1 is 2", but there are two white 1 3/4" silk flower pieces between the petals, a little hidden bonus!!! OMH, I wish I'd bought more!!! We could even use the centers too! The colors are just gorgeous -- red, orange, yellow, lime green, purple is just what I can recall. We all know how much the packaged silk flowers cost & these are just as lovely.
As Gwen (http://www.mycraftydaysoff.blogspot.com/) had so brilliantly pointed in a recent post, we can buy a garland of white silks flowers and color them ourselves. Between the 2 ideas, that should keep even a flower freak like me happy for quite a while!!! '-)
So I say, RUN, don't walk, to your nearest Michaels Arts & Crafts Store and check these out! Hopefully it will help all you needing Spring to finally arrive!!!
At the very least, it brightened my day, as well as my papercrafting stash, while saving me a few pennies to spend on more stashable items!!!
Now, I just NEED a few more of those darling felt flowers from Joann's & I'll be set . . . for a while . . . !!! ;-)

9 comments:

Kathy W said...

I love all the bargin tips I get from you and Gwen. Leaves me more money for stamps!

Gwen said...

cool Marge...wonder if my Michaels has these???

Allison Rankin said...

Very cool idea...I saw these the other day too!

Kelly said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing, Marge. :)

Etha said...

Too neat! I will see if our Michaels has these...

Nancy said...

Hi Marge --

First of all, awesome find .. wow .. never thought of taking them apart. What a great idea.

Second, thanks for the words of encouragement on my blog about my mil ... we're all hoping that she slowly recovers.

Take care,
Nancy
SBS-8

JB-Crafting Supplies said...

What a great idea Marge!

Nice to have you as an RAK partener.

Julie SBS-8

Kim said...

Oh my gosh what a great deal on those flowers. I'll have to see if I can find them. Thanks for sharing! Kim sbs8

Frances said...

o.k really need Michael's to start their chains over here in the UK!! x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin