Saturday, May 2, 2015

My Sheri Crafts Challenge #156: Birthday Bash

I chose this theme for our challenge @ My Sheri Crafts, asking that you create a birthday card and coordinating envelope. You may either decorate an envelope you already have or create your own -- then stamp, emboss, add a frame for the address, or whatever you think of to 'dress it up' to coordinate with your card and create a 'hint' for the recipient as to what awaits them inside!  ;)

For my first project, I made my DD a card for her birthday, using Spellbinders' Die D-Lites: Asters and Poppies and Frame One, as well as in'spire dies: Birds on a Wire and Celebration (sentiment). Again, no stamping on this card! ;)  I then used the Birds' dies as a decorative cut on my envelope's flap. DD is a florist, so she loves flowers and nature and that's what inspired me to create her card.
My second card was for a 9-year-old's birthday.  She wanted to have a tea party with just a couple friends her age, adult family members/friends. Her gift set had to be special, so I used Spellbinders' Tea Service as well as Nested Tea Cup dies for her card front, the front/flap of her envelope (created with WRMK's Envelope Punch Board) and her gift bag.  A sentiment from JustRite's Birthday Floral Vintage Labels Eight and Nine seemed fitting.  These metallic papers were difficult to capture in a photo, but very pretty IRL! ;)  Think she liked her card/envelope, but it was totally trumped by the handmade tea party-themed Footie Jammies I made for her 18" doll & her friends' dolls!  I had sooo much fun creating her card/envelope/gift bag and sewing jams and other items for the 3 girls -- felt almost like being a 'Grandma'!  ;'}

Hope these inspire you to create a birthday card and coordinating envelope for someone you love and post it @ My Sheri Crafts for us to enjoy too!

6 comments:

Sandy Palmer said...

Oh my gosh, you even made Footie Jammies for her doll, WOW! Lovely cards Marge! You really went all out on this one! :)
Hugs,
Sandy.

Sue Crease said...

Marge, lovely set of cards again. The card for your DD is very pretty but I do love the teapot card, how cute.
Sue

Glenda said...

Love both of the pretty cards and envelopes! Special cards for special people! I am sure both cards were loved.

Hugs!
Glenda

Raquel said...

Marge... wow! I absolutely love how you made these. I had to stare at that teaspoon envelope flap for a bit to see how you did it. I'm going to have to scrap-lift these. Gorgeous projects! Love that matching gift bag too

Mary Jo said...

Stunning Cards. A great idea to add a matching gift beg.

P.G. Lamb said...

March, both cards are amazing! I love, love, love your matching envelopes too! The matching bag is just lovely.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin