Saturday, November 22, 2014

My Sheri Crafts Challenge #147: Oh Christmas Tree

For our final challenge before taking a holiday break, we're asking you to create a Christmas card which MUST include a tree!


In my never-ending attempts to create pretty, but simple-to-mail cards for the holiday that are Post Office friendly, I created a card for this challenge! You see, most of my cards make my husband fret and worry that they'll never arrive or instead arrive in a plastic bag containing torn shreds of a formerly lovingly hand-made, signed and addressed personal card -- because that's happened once or twice. One dear friend saved his lovingly handmade birthday card and brought it from several states away to share w/us on a trip to AZ -- all contained in a plastic bag after being painstakingly put back together as best his wife could so that they could even begin to tell what it had possibly once actually looked like -- LOL!!!

Sooo, today's clean and simple card is one of those basically flat, unobstructed and easy-to-mail cards that my Hubby prefers and will likely go to one of our children.  I used Rubber Stampede's
"Evergreen" from 2001 stamped in Papertrey Ink's Ripe Avacado.  After first coloring just the trunk with a Tombow Mocha marker, I used a stamp positioner to stamp it onto my oval die cut. Then I inked it up in green and stamped again, following that with gold Stickles.  A piece of ribbon from Target's $1 bin ties through my Spellbinders' Grommet Tag, which I stamped with Papertrey Ink's Painted Poinsettias stamp set.

Sooo, create your very own simple or not-so-simple Christmas tree card and join in @ My Sheri Crafts Challenge!  ;)

7 comments:

Shona said...

It's beautiful and elegant, and I totally get where you're coming from, but, oh I LOVE layers!!

Glenda said...

Simply beautiful! Love it!

Glenda

Sarah said...

This is gorgeous Marge! I first thought it was all embossed in old! Great work!

Sue Crease said...

Marge, great CAS Christmas card. I'm so sorry to hear of the post office disasters I would be mortified if that had happened to one of mine. It's my only worry when I post.
Love the olive green.
Sue

Sandy Palmer said...

Marge, the added gold stickles gave the tree the perfect touch! It truly is beautiful!

Shona said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kristi said...

Simply elegant, Marge! Love this card. I can't believe what happened to the card you mailed them, yikes! I'm in the process of making some super simple cards for my friends and hubby's coworker this year. I'm trying to stick to one or two layers so they can be mailed. Hopefully none of them will get destroyed, ouch!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin