Saturday, November 8, 2014

My Sheri Crafts #146: It's Turkey Time


For today's new challenge, we're simply asking you to include a turkey.  I created my little turkey basically following directions I found here.
Using Spellbinders' Classic Inverted Circles, Large and Small, I die cut my felt 'feathers' in orange, green, brown & yellow felt, along with a circle in brown.  I layered them onto a cardboard circle and added a second cardboard circle 'sandwich ' using foam tape to attach my pipe cleaner legs (after coloring the white pipe cleaner brown).

Two pompoms in beige/brown were used for the head, yellow felt for the beak, red felt for the wattle and wiggly eyes complete his face and finish off this simple Thanksgiving Day decoration.  I think they'd be perfect for table place settings!

Looking forward to seeing your "Turkey Time" projects @ My Sheri Crafts soon!!!

2 comments:

Sandy Palmer said...

What a great way to use felt, and pom poms! Very creative, and festive for Thanksgiving! :)
Hugs,
Sandy.

Sue Crease said...

Marge, such a fun project great for the family to make and take after the meal.
Sue

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin