Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Sew, Sometimes I Craft Without (#3) . . .

paper!!!  What have I been up to -- having fun with my DD's AG dolls and my now 1-year-old Singer Quantum 9960 sewing machine and a fun sewing challenge that's helping me learn/re-learn sewing techniques 'in miniature'. I found on Pinterest (of course) a Summer Sew-Along, wherein Jen shares a free 18-inch doll pattern(s) each week. So far I've completed seven separate pieces and have the eighth about half done due to some issues I'm having with a presser foot I purchased to complete it. Hopefully I'll get that issue resolved and can finish and post that piece soon -- it's sooo cute, I think it'll be my favorite one in this series!

For now here's photos of my DD's three dolls in their mix/match summer wardrobe:
(mock-smocked top/A-line skirt)
(halter top/capri pants; t-shirt/capri pants; ruffled dress)







The orange top features a great trim that was sent to me by a sweet online friend -- thanks, Charlotte! The white t-shirt's flower was appliqued from one cut from the pink fabric on the two pieces seen on either side of it! So if you (or your own DD) would like to 'sew along' just click on Jen's sew-along link above, download the free patterns and enjoy!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Your sewing is really coming along. I love those little outfits.

Lisa said...

These are absolutely fabulous!! I love the fabrics you used!! I want a top like the mock-smocked top!! They are the best dressed dolls - love these!! Happy Wednesday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

1CardCreator said...

You have so many talents Marge, these are gorgeous! ~Diane

Lynette said...

"Sew" very cute and fun, Marge!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin