Saturday, April 13, 2013

My Sheri Crafts Challenge #108: Arbor Day

Our latest challenge @ My Sheri Crafts is Arbor Day, so we're asking you to make a card/project featuring trees/nature. My CAS card, which would work for a guy too, is a palm tree in the sand on the beach under the sun -- a place I'm sure MANY folks wish they were right now and I really sympathize with all of you!!!

My palm tree is a clear stamp from Autumn Leaves, stamped with Memento Bamboo Leaves, Memento Rich Cocoa and VersaFine Vintage Sepia inks, die cut with Spellbinders Labels Seventeen and then topped off with brown pearls from my stash. A sun in Memento Cantaloupe and sand stamps by Copper Leaf Creations complete my simple scene.
JustRite's Botanical Swirls Labels 'Just Because' sentiment was stamped with Bamboo Leaves ink and die cut with a Labels Sixteen Spellbinders die. Love the leafy swirl around the sentiment on this stamp! Variegated green fiber accents finish off this card.
 We'd love to see your Arbor Day creations over @ My Sheri Crafts, so please join us!

11 comments:

Sue Crease said...

Marge,
Great card, I could just do with being under that tree right now.

Sue

Sandy Palmer said...

Wonderful look Marge! I can't believe by adding those pearls for the coconuts, it tied everything in and was the perfect finishing touch! Great job on it! :)
Hugs,
Sandy.

Lisa said...

This is so awesome, Marge!! I love the palm tree!! The coconuts are so awesome!! The fiber accents are fabulous!! What a fun card!! Happy Saturday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Glenda said...

Wonderful card! Love the palm tree! Such a perfect touch with the fibers!
Hugs!
Glenda

Charlotte said...

Oh yes Marge, being at the beach would be glorious. Love your card. The palm tree is so pretty. And I love the the little gems you used for the coconuts. The sentiment stamp is just perfect for the card with at pretty vinelike detail. And the way you used the fibers, well that just sealed the deal!!
Charlotte

Shona said...

No beach weather here, thought that Spring was finally here and then it snowed the other night, not much, but enough to make mud. So I really like the palm tree, it reminds me that beach weather will come eventually! I love the fibers on this card, I never think to use them and they really look great. The coconuts are another great detail, and the best thing is that this is a card that can be mailed! I love seeing good cards that fit in envelopes!

ShelbyWoo said...

Marge,
How fun is that tree....makes me wanna be on a beach!!!! Love the ribbon flare ya added to it! Great card!!

1CardCreator said...

Wow, this is gorgeous, I have missed so much! ~Diane

Kristi said...

Gorgeous Marge! loving that palm tree! I also like those Spellbinders: I need to check them out! Hope you're doing well!

P.G. Lamb said...

Marge, your card reminds me so much of the tropics! Love the addition of the fibers on the side!

Sarah said...

Fantastic Marge! It's just beautiful!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin